Nominee of the category „The Best Charming Hotel in Europe“
On 19th of October at Paris Hilton Opera Bacrat’ Hall, the jury of the Villegiature Awards, made up of 22 renowned journalists and foreign correspondents that cover the five continents, announced on prestigious finalists and Grand Prix’ winners of Prix Willegiature 2015 – competition for the best hotels in Europe, Africa, Asia and Middle East. The best luxurious hotel in Europe is Hotel Le Bristol in Paris (France).
The Luxurious Art Nouveau Hotel Villa Ammende Pärnu (Estonia) was one of six nominees in the category “The Best Charming Hotel in Europe”. Grand Prix 2015 Winner in this group is Capri hotel Grand Palace Hotel & Spa (Italy). Prix Villegiature annually selects the best of the bests for a luxury holiday in Europe, Asia, Africa and The jury comprises of the 22 correspondents and journalists from renowned media and publications around the world such as Vogue, Where, Conde Nast Traveller, Elle, Richesse, The Observer, The Guardian, Suisse Presse Medias, many French, UK, US, Australian television channels Al Arabya TV, TV, RTP etc. Hotels and restaurants are judged by anonymous visits. All jury members attended at the award ceremony in addition to all the ambassadors of several countries, and of course the hotel owners and managers. The announcement of the grand winners for each category was made in presence of renowned architects, designers, chefs, Barmen and partners of the event : Technogym, SICIS Mosaics, Champagne Ayala, Ercuis & Raynaud, Fastbooking and Etihad Airways.
The nominees and winners in last two years have been such a famous and charming luxury hotels as Palais Namaskar in Morocco, Hotel Du Cap Eden Roc in Antibes (France), the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo (Japan), The Peninsula Paris (France), Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni, Bellagio (Italy), Lotte Hotel Moscow (Russia) One & Only Royal Mirage, Dubai (UAE), the Hotel Royal, Evian (France), the Plaza Athénée, Paris (France), Park Hyatt Vienna (Austria), Hotel Hermitage in Monte Carlo, the Four Season Raffles hotels and groups and others. One notable participant this year was the Alain Ducasse restaurant at Plaza Athénée (Paris).
“The best Restaurant 2015” is Restaurant Cheval Blanc chef – Peter Knogl (2 Michelin Stars) from Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois (Basel , Sveitsh). http://www.prix-villegiature.com/en/awards/2015-nominees/
Notes to editors:
- 1905 Villa Ammende was built by architects Mieritz & Gerassimov (St.Petersburg) for one of the richest merchants of Pärnu, Hermann Leopold Ammende, whose ancestors had moved from Germany to Estonia in the 18th century. Building complex was created for the wedding party of his beloved daughter Ellen. Later it was used as a summer house for the family Ammende.
- 1927 – 1940 – City hotel, casino and caffee.
- It was used as a Health improvement establishment, a library and a restaurant from 1945 to 1985
- Villa Ammende opened his doors as a luxury hotel and restaurant in September 1999.
Luxury Art Nouveau Hotel Villa Ammende:
- a nominee for Haute Grandeur Award 2016,
- shortlisted for Luxury Travel Guide Global Award 2015
- one of the six nominees of Villegiature Awards 2015 of the category “The Best Charming Hotel in Europe”.
- Villa Ammende, carefully renovated charming city chateaux, with his genuine historical interiors and furnishing, nestled in the ancient parks area of Pärnu, summer capital of Estonia, opened his doors on 1999.
Built on 1905, the most stylish and well-preserved Art Nouveau building of its time has been revived and has become of the most exquisite pearls of historical architecture in Estonia. Luxurious suites and penthouses, romantic salons and dining halls, fragrances of lilys and fresh coffee – that is the hotel with inexplicable touch of historical nonbleness where guests are waited on as amicably and courteously as they were treated 100 years ago. The hotel coffee salongs and halls provide outstanding relaxing atmosphere and our fine dining restaurant is a tranquil setting for experiencing exquisite cuisine and fine wines.